VA Home Loan
It is an honor to serve our heroes: Military Veterans and active duty service members, you may qualify for a Veterans Administration (VA) loan. These loans often require no down payment and have lower closing costs, helping to keep your savings secure. At Geneva, we take pride specializing in the highest quality service for VA loans – service you deserve as a U.S. Veteran.
- 100% Financing with full VA Entitlement*
- No Monthly Mortgage Insurance
- Seller Contribution to Closing Costs Permitted Product Benefits
- No Prepayment Penalties Construction Financing For: – Single Family Residences – Townhomes – VA Approved Condos – Other property types may be eligible**
- Fixed- and adjustable-rate loan terms
*A down payment may be required if the borrower does not have full VA entitlement, or if the loan amount exceeds the current maximum loan amount. **
For those currently in a VA loan and would like to explore a lower rate, a streamline refinance/ Interest Rate Reduction Refinancing Loan (IRRRL) may be your best option. The main requirement for IRRRL is that the existing VA loan is current, and all payments for the past 12 months have been on time.
This streamline loan allows veterans to refinance their VA loan with little or no out-of-pocket costs.
- No appraisal required
- May lower your monthly payments
- Simple and fast closing with no income verification or qualifying debt ratio, in most cases
- Expand your repayment period
- Little or no out-of-pocket costs required
- No need to obtain new Certificate of Eligibility, unless needed to confirm eligibility
What is a VA Streamline Refinance/VA loan?
VA loans are designed specifically for veterans. VA loans should only be issued by a VA-approved lender and are guaranteed by the federal government.
The primary benefit of a VA loan is Veterans with qualifying credit and income can purchase a home with no money down, making it an attractive option for those who have served in the military.
VA loans also feature flexible requirements, no private mortgage insurance (PMI), and competitive mortgage rates.
To qualify for a VA Loan, a veteran must have served 181 days during peacetime, 90 days during wartime, or 6 years in the Reserves or National Guard. Spouses of a service member who was killed in the line of duty may also qualify.
VA Streamline Refinance is a specific program available via the VA Loan Guaranty program.
Known as an Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loan (IRRRL) by the U.S. government, the VA Streamline Refinance is sometimes called a VA-to-VA Loan.
This program allows service members, Veterans, and eligible spouses to buy a fixer-upper and make improvements or to refinance a home they already own and receive funds for renovations.
Veterans can take advantage of today’s historically low-interest rates, and the programs available to them to fix up the home of their dreams!
Features and Benefits
- No minimum repair amount
- Minor alterations, cosmetic repairs, and non-structural repairs allowed–including accessibility upgrades
- 10-, 15-, 20-, 25- and 30-year fully amortizing fixed-rate terms available
- Purchase and regular (non-IRRRL) refinance transactions permitted
- 1 to 2 unit primary residences, including manufactured housing permitted
- 620 minimum qualifying credit score
- HUD consultant required for all renovation projects exceeding $50,000
- Not Available in Hawaii or Alaska
Get Started Today!
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or would like a second opinion on your existing mortgage.
If you’re unsure if you are eligible for a VA loan, click the bottom below and one of our VA Home Loan Specialists will reach out and help you determine your eligibility status.