Churro Waffles are brushed with melted butter, coated in cinnamon sugar, and drizzled with caramel sauce for an amazing treat any time of day.
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup buttermilk full-fat
- ¼ cup milk
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg (separated)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Heat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, milk, vegetable oil, egg yolk and vanilla.
- In a small bowl whisk together vigorously the egg white and one tablespoon of sugar until soft white peaks form. Alternatively you can use a hand mixer for this task.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and stir with a spatula or wooden spoon until a batter forms. Gently fold in the beaten egg white and sugar until no white streaks remain.
- Following your waffle iron’s instructions and cook four waffles.
- Brush each waffle on both sides with melted butter.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon and sugar. Coat each waffle lightly on both sides with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Drizzle each waffle with caramel sauce and serve with fresh raspberries.
Serving: 179g | Calories: 604kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 40g
Interested in more delicious recipes? Click here